ARTE SCHOLARSHIPS AND POSTER SUBMISSIONS
BOARD REVIEW WORKSHOP – Friday, January 18th, 1pm
Board Preparation Pre-Conference Workshop led by Program Director, Adam Friedman, MD.
The workshop focuses on general dermatology topics such as clinical and preventive dermatology, epidemiology of cutaneous diseases, dermatological manifestations of systemic disease, hair and nail disorders, skin cancer, and many more. This prep course will also include an audience response system for participants to examine and test their knowledge of more than 100 Kodachrome images. This will provide residents with the visual guidance needed to effectively evaluate, diagnose, and manage all forms of skin disease.
RESIDENT FOCUSED TRACK
Also new this year, throughout the conference, specific talks and workshops of most relevance for the resident attendee will be highlighted in the meeting agenda.
ANNUAL RESIDENT AESTHETIC SUMMIT – Monday, January 21st
For the 16th year, ODAC offers an exclusive half-day aesthetic workshop, including live demonstrations and hands-on training with REAL product, designed specifically for the dermatology resident.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARTE SCHOLARSHIP
- ODAC is attended by 97% of US dermatology residency programs; many scholarship recipients solidify their commitment to the specialty and develop their leadership skills through participation in ARTE.
- ARTE offers educational and networking activities with an acute focus on the most important issues facing residents today:
- Concentration on core therapeutic areas
- Insights into Board Review
- Understanding practice management
- Introduction to aesthetic practices
- Not only is the medical education relevant and cutting edge, but the network of personal and professional support is an invaluable investment in your education, career, and personal growth!
- Complimentary conference registration
- 3 nights shared accommodations at the JW Marriott Orlando (roommates assigned)
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks
- Reserved seat in the Board Review pre-workshop
- Reserved seat in Resident Aesthetic Summit
The 2019 ARTE scholarship application is now closed. Acceptance status will be communicated in the coming weeks. Should you still wish to attend ODAC, please register as soon as possible as we anticipate selling out this year.
- Only 120 scholarships will be awarded.
- In order to be considered for the scholarship, all applications must be complete.
- Applications are only open to US-based dermatology residents and fellows.
- Applications must be submitted by September 30, 2018.
- All scholarship applicants will be notified by October 31, 2019 regarding their application status.
- Customary acceptance rounds will commence after July 1, 2018 and will continue periodically until October 31, 2018.
- Please keep the conference dates of January 18-21, 2019 open until further notice.
- Scholarships are not finalized until travel arrangement confirmations are received.
- * Do not make travel arrangements until you have received formal confirmation of your scholarship award.
- Scholarship awardees must agree to the ARTE Scholarship Commitment.
POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
ODAC Poster Abstract Submissions
General Poster Session
This session is judged in advance by members of the ODAC and Journal of Drugs in Dermatology (JDD) Advisory Boards.
Ninth Annual ARTE Poster Competition
This session is exclusively for resident poster submissions. All submissions should have a focus on current innovations and discoveries in the field of dermatology. The winner of the poster competition will receive an award and their abstract will be published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology (JDD).
All posters will be judged onsite by the ODAC Department Chair Council.
*Your poster abstract may only be submitted to one session, not both.
HOW TO SUBMIT A POSTER
You are encouraged to submit abstracts on current and emerging issues related but not limited to*:
*Respondents are encouraged to recommend additional and emerging topic areas
General Poster Session: Dermatology providers, health plans, pharmaceutical companies, researchers, analysts, technology providers, and consultants.
Eighth Annual ARTE Poster Competition: Residents in dermatology.
Poster presentation submission final deadline: November 1, 2018
Submitting parties receive automatic notification that the poster submission has been received. However, due to the high volume of submissions, additional acknowledgement may not be sent unless the poster is accepted by the review committee.
Abstract submissions are reviewed by a committee comprised of healthcare professionals serving on the ODAC and JDD advisory boards. Conference managers also review all abstracts. Content is evaluated based on the quality and relevance of topic, educational value, timeliness, and clearly identified objectives. ODAC reserves the right to make final decisions regarding acceptance of abstracts for poster presentation sessions.
General Poster Session*
All general posters must have at least one representative onsite during the conference.
Annual ARTE Poster Competition*
Residents and Fellows who have posters accepted for presentation will be awarded a priority ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship to attend ODAC. The ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship program supports a specialized track of the ODAC conference that is specifically designed by key thought-leaders to meet the needs of dermatology residents in training. The ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship program offers educational and networking activities with an acute focus on the most important issues facing residents today: concentration on core therapeutic areas, insight into board review, understanding practice management, and an introduction to aesthetic practices.
*Once your poster has been accepted, you will be given information on how to register for ODAC as a Poster Presenter.
Posters must meet the following guidelines to be considered:
- Posters should be no larger than 48″ wide by 36″ high (either landscape or portrait orientation).
- If your poster exceeds this size, due to space, it will not be displayed.
- Poster font should be in an easily read size from a distance of up to 6 feet.
- Materials will be provided by the ODAC Organizers to mount your poster.
- Please ensure that your poster is displayed on the correct poster board. Do not write or paint on the poster boards.
Poster Mounting and Display Times:
- Posters must be mounted on the first day, Friday, January 18, 2019 between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Posters must remain displayed until Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm.
If poster is selected, authors agree to:
- Present information in an objective manner without bias to a particular company, program, or product.
- Information in the abstract submission may be reproduced for use in conference materials including the electronic presentations (PDF only) and printed documentation.