DERM IN-REVIEW BOARD REVIEW WORKSHOP – Friday, January 15th, 1pm
Board Preparation Pre-Conference Workshop led by Program Director, Adam Friedman, MD.
The workshop focuses on general dermatology topics such as clinical and preventive dermatology, epidemiology of cutaneous diseases, dermatological manifestations of systemic disease, hair and nail disorders, skin cancer, and many more. This prep course will also include an audience response system for participants to examine and test their knowledge of more than 100 Kodachrome images. This will provide residents with the visual guidance needed to effectively evaluate, diagnose, and manage all forms of skin disease.
RESIDENT FOCUSED TRACK
Throughout the conference, specific talks and workshops of most relevance for the resident attendee will be highlighted in the meeting agenda.
ANNUAL RESIDENT AESTHETIC SUMMIT – Monday, January 18th
For the 18th year, ODAC offers an exclusive half-day aesthetic workshop, including live demonstrations and hands-on training with REAL product, designed specifically for the dermatology resident.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARTE SCHOLARSHIP
- ODAC is attended by 97% of US dermatology residency programs; many scholarship recipients solidify their commitment to the specialty and develop their leadership skills through participation in ARTE.
- ARTE offers educational and networking activities with an acute focus on the most important issues facing residents today:
- Concentration on core therapeutic areas
- Insights into Board Review
- Understanding practice management
- Introduction to aesthetic practices
- Not only is the medical education relevant and cutting edge, but the network of personal and professional support is an invaluable investment in your education, career, and personal growth!
- Complimentary conference registration
- 3 nights shared accommodations (roommates assigned)
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks
- Reserved seat in the Board Review pre-workshop
- Reserved seat in Resident Aesthetic Summit
- Only 100 scholarships will be awarded.
- In order to be considered for the scholarship, all applications must be complete.
- Applications are only open to US-based dermatology residents and fellows.
- Applications must be submitted by September 30.
- All scholarship applicants will be notified by October 31 regarding their application status.
- Customary acceptance rounds will commence after July 1 and will continue periodically until October 31.
- Please keep the conference dates of January 15-18, 2021 open until further notice.
- Scholarships are not finalized until travel arrangement confirmations are received.
- * Do not make travel arrangements until you have received formal confirmation of your scholarship award.
- Scholarship awardees must agree to the ARTE Scholarship Commitment.
- Submitting a abstract to the poster session prioritizes your application, however, you must submit both an abstract submission AND the ARTE application
POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
ODAC Poster Abstract Submissions
General Poster Session & FAQ
Acceptances for the posters have been sent on November 20. Please check your inbox or spam folder for an email from [email protected]
Posters must be mounted on the first day, Friday, January 17, 2020 between 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm in the pre-function area outside of General Session. Posters must remain displayed until Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 2:00pm.
There will be a poster author meet and greet on Friday, January 17th from 3:30 – 4:30 pm. While this session is not required, it is highly encouraged. Those who wish to participate are asked to be next to their poster during this time to answer attendee questions and discuss their poster.
Posters must have at least one representative onsite at the event available to hang and dismantle the poster.
Tenth Annual ARTE Poster Competition
Please note, submitting an abstract to the ARTE Poster Competition prioritizes your ARTE scholarship application, however, you must submit an abstract submission form AND the ARTE scholarship application to be considered for both sessions.
This session is exclusively for resident poster submissions. All submissions should have a focus on current innovations and discoveries in the field of dermatology. The winner of the poster competition will receive an award and their abstract will be published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology (JDD).
All posters will be judged onsite by the ODAC Department Chair Council.
*Your poster abstract may only be submitted to one session, not both.
HOW TO SUBMIT A POSTER
You are encouraged to submit abstracts on current and emerging issues related but not limited to*:
*Respondents are encouraged to recommend additional and emerging topic areas
General Poster Session: Dermatology providers, health plans, pharmaceutical companies, researchers, analysts, technology providers, and consultants.
Tenth Annual ARTE Poster Competition: Residents in dermatology.
Poster presentation submission final deadline: November 1, 2019
Submitting parties receive automatic notification that the poster submission has been received. However, due to the high volume of submissions, additional acknowledgement may not be sent unless the poster is accepted by the review committee.
Abstract submissions are reviewed by a committee comprised of healthcare professionals serving on the ODAC and JDD advisory boards. Conference managers also review all abstracts. Content is evaluated based on the quality and relevance of topic, educational value, timeliness, and clearly identified objectives. ODAC reserves the right to make final decisions regarding acceptance of abstracts for poster presentation sessions.
General Poster Session*
All general posters must have at least one representative onsite during the conference.
Annual ARTE Poster Competition*
Residents and Fellows who have posters accepted for presentation will be awarded a priority ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship to attend ODAC. The ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship program supports a specialized track of the ODAC conference that is specifically designed by key thought-leaders to meet the needs of dermatology residents in training. The ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship program offers educational and networking activities with an acute focus on the most important issues facing residents today: concentration on core therapeutic areas, insight into board review, understanding practice management, and an introduction to aesthetic practices.
*Once your poster has been accepted, you will be given information on how to register for ODAC as a Poster Presenter.
Posters must meet the following guidelines to be considered:
- Posters should be no larger than 48″ wide by 36″ high (either landscape or portrait orientation).
- If your poster exceeds this size, due to space, it will not be displayed.
- Poster font should be in an easily read size from a distance of up to 6 feet.
- Materials will be provided by the ODAC Organizers to mount your poster.
- Please ensure that your poster is displayed on the correct poster board. Do not write or paint on the poster boards.
Poster Mounting and Display Times:
- Posters must be mounted on the first day, Friday, January 17, 2020 between 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm
- Posters must remain displayed until Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 2:00 pm.
If poster is selected, authors agree to:
- Present information in an objective manner without bias to a particular company, program, or product.
- Information in the abstract submission may be reproduced for use in conference materials including the electronic presentations (PDF only) and printed documentation.