DERM IN-REVIEW IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ODAC & GWU BOARD REVIEW WORKSHOP WEEK – January 4 -8, 2021
Board Preparation Workshops led by Program Director, Adam Friedman, MD.
The Board Review Workshop Week will include one session each evening during the week of January 4-8, 2021. The workshops focus on general dermatology topics such as clinical and preventive dermatology, epidemiology of cutaneous diseases, dermatological manifestations of systemic disease, hair and nail disorders, skin cancer, and many more.
Please note, if you register for ODAC and later receive the scholarship, you will be refunded your registration fee in full upon acceptance.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARTE SCHOLARSHIP
- ODAC is attended by 97% of US dermatology residency programs; many scholarship recipients solidify their commitment to the specialty and develop their leadership skills through participation in ARTE.
- ARTE offers educational and networking activities with an acute focus on the most important issues facing residents today:
- Concentration on core therapeutic areas
- Insights into Board Review
- Understanding practice management
- Introduction to aesthetic practices
- Not only is the medical education relevant and cutting edge, but the network of personal and professional support is an invaluable investment in your education, career, and personal growth!
Full Scholarship Includes:
- Complimentary registration to the virtual conference
- Reserved seat in the Board Review Workshop Week
- Reserved seat in the Resident and Young Dermatologist Symposium
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020
- In order to be considered for the scholarship, all applications must be complete.
- Applications are only open to US-based dermatology residents and fellows.
- Applications must be submitted by October 31, 2020.
- Submitting a abstract to the poster session prioritizes your application, however, you must submit both an abstract submission AND the ARTE application
POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
ODAC Virtual Poster Abstract Submissions
The ODAC poster session provides presenting authors a forum in which they can showcase their work and interact with with the dermatology community. You are invited to submit poster abstracts for all relevant topics related to dermatology.
Your poster and abstract will be presented on the virtual event platform. We will present your abstract, link to a PDF of your full poster, link to contact the author and the opportunity to leave comments.
Eleventh Annual ARTE Poster Competition
Please note, submitting an abstract to the ARTE Poster Competition prioritizes your ARTE scholarship application, however, you must submit an abstract submission form AND the ARTE scholarship application to be considered for both sessions.
This session is exclusively for resident poster submissions. All submissions should have a focus on current innovations and discoveries in the field of dermatology.
All posters will be judged onsite by the ODAC Department Chair Council.
*Your poster abstract may only be submitted to one session, not both.
HOW TO SUBMIT A POSTER
You are encouraged to submit abstracts on current and emerging issues related but not limited to*:
*Respondents are encouraged to recommend additional and emerging topic areas
General Poster Session: Dermatology providers, health plans, pharmaceutical companies, researchers, analysts, technology providers, and consultants.
Eleventh Annual ARTE Poster Competition: Residents in dermatology.
Poster presentation submission final deadline: December 1, 2020
Submitting parties receive automatic notification that the poster submission has been received. However, due to the high volume of submissions, additional acknowledgement may not be sent unless the poster is accepted by the review committee.
Abstract submissions are reviewed by a committee comprised of healthcare professionals serving on the ODAC and JDD advisory boards. Conference managers also review all abstracts. Content is evaluated based on the quality and relevance of topic, educational value, timeliness, and clearly identified objectives. ODAC reserves the right to make final decisions regarding acceptance of abstracts for poster presentation sessions.
General Poster Session*
All general posters must have at least one representative registered for the virtual conference.
Annual ARTE Poster Competition*
Residents and Fellows who have posters accepted for presentation will be awarded a priority ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship to attend ODAC virtually. The ARTE in Dermatology Scholarship program supports a specialized track of the ODAC conference that is specifically designed by key thought-leaders to meet the needs of dermatology residents in training.
Poster PDFs and abstracts will be displayed virtually on the conference virtual platform. The following documents must be received in order for your poster to be included in the virtual experience:
- PDF of poster abstract
- JPEG or PDF of poster image. Document orientation can be landscape or portrait and should be easily read from a computer and mobile device
- Posters may include graphs, tables, QR codes and charts
- Poster presenters may, but are NOT required to, include their contact information to be displayed with their poster should attendees wish to reach out with questions or discussion about the poster
We understand the final poster JPEG or PDF may not be ready at the time of your poster submission. Should you need to upload this at a later date, you will be given instructions on submitting the document upon acceptance of your abstract.
If poster is selected, authors agree to:
- Display information in an objective manner without bias to a particular company, program, or product.
- Information submitted, including abstract, poster PDF, contact information and author biographies, may be used for electronic presentations, blog posts, other conference materials and enduring activities